2003 Ls430 Cassette Player Keeps Popping Out Tapes And Adapters

Hello Friends,

My 2003 LS430 ultra all of a sudden no longer can play cassettes. It started when the adapter ( cass w/ aux wire ) just popped out. I bought another and it did the same thing. I tried a few cassettes and they too all popped out. I have about 100 tapes and over 200GB of MP3's. I cleaned the inside w/ alcohol, blew w/ air also. Any ideas? 1387914497.gif AK47 on standby...

My 2003 LS430 ultra all of a sudden no longer can play cassettes. It started when the adapter ( cass w/ aux wire ) just popped out. I bought another and it did the same thing. I tried a few cassettes and they too all popped out. I have about 100 tapes and over 200GB of MP3's. I cleaned the inside w/ alcohol, blew w/ air also. Any ideas? 1387914497.gif AK47 on standby...

Maybe it dislikes your choice of music?

There are companies that repair Lexus radios. This is the last one I used: http://factoryradioservice.com/ Besides adding an aux-in, they replaced the bulbs in the LCD display. I realized later that I didn't have them look into the clicking issue the cassette tape player has but I haven't played cassette tapes in years.

Normally the fault is due to the rubber drive belt breaking so the tape spools stop turning this in turn causes the tape to auto eject so it doesn't spill out of the cassette into the works.

Either take a look yourself or find a decent car audio repair shop.