Daytime Driving Lights

I think I posted this question before but don't recall if it was answered completely.

Can the daytime driving lights be upgraded so that they're brighter?

Yes--turn the light switch to "ON".

I think I posted this question before but don't recall if it was answered completely.

Yes--turn the light switch to "ON".

They're always on...??

What I think he's trying to say is:

If you turn lights "ON", the bright headlights (versus DRL's) will turn on in the daytime.

Are you looking for actual luminous intensity or a whiter color? Unfortunately they're inverses of each other, so if you try for more white, the brightness decreases; and if you want them brighter, you'll get more of a yellow look.

I've tried LOTS of different types of bulbs and LED bulbs to achieve the optimal "white" bright DRL, with no success. LED bulbs have that white look, but during DRL mode are completely useless, and are even more useless during high beam mode when you really need light output.

The best bet to achieve more lumens and actual intensity is to convert to HIR bulbs. They're the same color as the factory DRL but they're MUCH brighter, especially when they've been on for a few minutes.