2000 Rx300 - Need Help Wiper Switch Replacement/installation

SycamoreAlignment

I have a 2000 RX300 (202000 miles) and the wipers work but no longer have functioning washer fluid. Cleared lines, it seems to be washer signal switch (edit: wiper switch) and I have the part but don't know best way to install it. Any advice, guidance, step by step would be great. I hope I don't have to worry about airbag. Thanks in advance.

What is a "washer signal switch"? Is this a part of the steering column switch assembly? The most common cause of failure of the windshield washer system by far is failure of the electric pump attached to the washer fluid tank.

I assume I will have to replace the wiper switch itself, the whole thing. What I am concerned about is getting into the airbag or setting that off.

I have a electrical manual but it doesn't show me exactly what I would be getting into. The airbags always worry me.

Any advice or a diagram would be greatly appreciated.

Nice Spaceballs avatar by the way. Classic!

Disconnect the car battery and wait the specified amount of time before you go mucking around and you won't have to worry about the airbags. Are you certain that the problem is in the wiper switch? (i.e. have you used a test light to see if power is getting to the washer fluid pump?)

Spaceballs avatar? That's a photo of me.