2010 Rx450H Mpg - Need Advice Please.

Just bought a 2010 RX450h CPO. To date majority of my driving has been maybe 6-7 miles to/from work with no trips more than 10 miles. It's Feb. so temps cool to cold here in Delaware. I read about extra time in winter for warming up etc. which affects MPG. The vechile had 11,800 miles on it, which is great for long term keeping it etc..

Now to the mpg. first fill up (note only down to about 3/4 of a tank so not alot of miles). 24.5 approx. I see others posting much better MPG, but wondering about travel distances, etc. Perhaps the short trips are a killer ? Speed at max 50mph, with several stops, lower speeds etc. and only about 6-7 miles either way as noted above.

This weekend we may get our first trip of 75 miles or so. Hopeing to see better results.

What are opinions as to mpg i'm getting now? Others see that in winter, short trips etc.and if so, how are you MPG ratings on longer trips in winter, and short/long trips in spring to fall time frame.

Love the quiet smooth ride.

Short trips ARE a killer, especially in colder weather when the heat is used and the engine has to run more to make the heater work. 24.5 is good for your conditions. I get about 22 mpg in the winter on my 10 mile work commute in my 400h. My best mileage has been on long trips in the summer on slower highways (55 mph). I always get better mileage on long trips than short trips.

Short trips ARE a killer, especially in colder weather when the heat is used and the engine has to run more to make the heater work. 24.5 is good for your conditions. I get about 22 mpg in the winter on my 10 mile work commute in my 400h. My best mileage has been on long trips in the summer on slower highways (55 mph). I always get better mileage on long trips than short trips.

I agree. Even in warm weather conditions, your oil won't get up to temperature for at least 8-10 miles, depending upon how many of those are highway miles. At 40 degrees F, it takes my Corvette's oil at least 12 -15 miles to reach 200F and that includes stretches of 80 MPH "cruising".