Squeeking /chirpping Noise On Drivers Side Back

jbebjb

My 2007 SC430 has a noise that sounds similar to rubber on glass on glass rubbing on leather, coming from the area behind the driver where the door, top and rear of car join. It has been to 2 dealerships and looked at by 3 factory reps, to no avail to find the noise. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem and it seemed to come from two sources:

1) if you raise the roof and then pause the action halfway, it exposes a rubber bump stop on the black panel that would ordinarily be called the parcel shelf. The rubber bump stop can be screwed up or down. If it is too far down, the parcel shelf creaks

2) also, if you raise the roof and pause it halfway, it exposes all the roof rubbers. Wipe some glycerine (glycerol) on the all rubbers. Glycerine is a lubricant that rejuvinates rubbers.

These two fixes seemed to work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add some to the discussion-but no solution-a bit different noise.

I have had an annoying tick-tick sound from behind and above the driver and synchronized with road vibration (but somewhat intermittent). The best way to describe it is the noise a BB hanging from a thread might make as it swings gently into the side window glass-or maybe a part with adhesive sticking and popping off. It will go away when I push up at the roof junction panels. Of course the dealer was unable to duplicate it. I have tried about everything to no avail. My next theory is something "strumming" on the plastic tube (tick..tick,tickety-tick) through which some wires run just above where the side window contacts the weather stripping. BTW, it is not the side window sticking to the rubber-happens when the window is down a bit.