1999 Rx300 Nakamichi Amp

Kleaper

I have a 1999 RX300 with a Nakamichi head unit powered with the Nakamichi factory amplifier.

I jus purchased a Bazooka BTA10100 BT Series 10-Inch 100-Watt Amplified Tube Subwoofer. I am using the Amplified Bazooka subwoofer speaker output wires (positive & negative) and splicing the positive output wire to the Left Rear positive Lexus speaker and then splicing the negative output wire to the Left Rear negative Lexus speaker. Simple, YES!

Here is where I need your help, I have no idea what COLORpost-146425-0-38649800-1357984817_thumb. wires go to the Lexus Left rear speaker. I cannot find a schematic wiring legend for the Nakamichi amp. As many of u know there are at least 2 dozen wires. I do not want to remove the rear door panel to identify these wires.

If anyone can suggest or even better get me the diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond to my email KLANN75@GMAIL.COM

tHANKS

Unlike for some other 1999 Lexus models where there are multiple audio system diagrams on the ARRC website, there is only one for the 1999 RX300. I would be surprised if the diagrams are the same for the standard and Nakamichi systems but it is possible that the wire colors for the speakers are the same. I checked and saw that the wire colors to the speakers are the same on the 00 LS Nakamichi system like I have and the 00 LS standard Pioneer system.

1999 RX300 sound-systems-1-of-1.pdf

Thank you. I do know the yellow/black wire is for the left rear. But my question is how do I know which wires are actually for the left rear speaker? There are 6 yellow/black wires. I need to splice into the 2 that are for the left rear speaker. Can u call me? 516-729-2146

Ken

Sorry, I can't help you on that. The only way I would know to find which wires are which is to expose the left rear speaker and use a battery powered continuity tester to probe the wires at each end. When I've done that, I've sometimes had to add an extension wire to the continuity tester so I could reach both ends.

Be sure to disconnect the car battery if there is any chance that any of these wires might be powered.