Replacement Front And Back Seats 1999 Rx300 And Carpet Options?

fruehling

hello all,

The seats in my otherwise great 200k mile 1999 RX300 are in need of replacement. I read how to do this in another topic:

However, my question is about how to get replacements. I was thinking to go to a junkyard and find a late model RX total loss and take the seats and carpet out of there. Does anyone know if they will fit? I suspect I will at least have to make some exacto knife cuts to get the carpet to fit perfectly. Other than that, should this work? Or will I need to find a closer model year?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I would suspect you will have to stay with 1999 to 2003 RX300. Their are companies that sell seat cover replacements, and this might be the best way to go. As for carpet that should be do able, I am sure somebody sells kits.

Thank you so much for the reply!

That's interesting. I hadn't considered such a thing existed. Since I have to stick with only up to 2003 that is indeed the best choice. How certain are you of that? Maybe I should just get out and measure the track widths, or is there a better way to be sure?

Any leads on a place to buy a carpet kit and/or seat covers?