Sunroof Leakage, Horn And Console Light Dimmed

Noname_LC

Good afternoon everyone,

I own year 2000 lx470 and it has been running fairly good since I purchased it about 3 years ago.

Recently I started to find water droplets dropping from the dome light button as well as the area above the driver side footrest. (drops fall on my left foot when I drive). I didnt pay much attention

But last week, it suddenly started to discharge a lot of water withing the car and it appeared to cause some damage.

1) I notice a lot of standing water around the sunroof. I found there are two small opening on either side of the sunroof area which I think are for discharging rain water but it looks like these are blocked. How can I open it?

2) The car suddenly started to beep continouslly while driving in rain. It looks like the horn is somehow shortcircuit because of the water. I unplug the cable which is attached with the horn in front(there was smoke coming out of the right side horn when I unplug it but it was still beeping). But now, the horn does not work after I plugin the cable. Do you think that the electricity might have burned cable connecting with the horn (or a fuse, or something else). The left side horn does not beep either. What is the use of that horn?d

3) The dashboard lights suddenly became dimm. Now, these are no longer bright. What do you think is this problem? Water has burned something but I couldnt find what it might be.

Many thanks for reading and your timely suggestions

A

• 2 years later...

I own a 1998 LX 470 (which I purchased in 1998) and I once also had a similar experience with water around the sunroof. Nothing to worry about! It was easily remedied with a burst of compressed air in each drain hole. A local dealer or body shop should be able to take care of that for you. They may charge $20 to do it, but more than likely they will do it for free :)

If the problem persists, it could be leaking from different source. I would also check into a clog or a leak in the drain tube channel. It is definitely a more complex and costly problem. It is my understanding that it could take 3-4 hours of labor removing the head liner, A-Frame, etc... to replace a $50 tube, so for your sake, check the drain holes twice!!

Good luck! I hope this helps !