Rx300 Is Beast Mode...

KooK

So last night I'm sitting in my apartment, my roommate comes home (dropped off by a friend) and a few minutes later you hear one wheel outside on the ice, frantically trying to grab for traction, a few minutes later roommate gets a phone call, it's the guy that dropped him off, he can't get up the icey hill we live on (Extremely steep hill). So I come out and help, he's having an issue with one of his drum brakes (older Dodge Dakota 2wd, open diff) so I put it in the garage and let it warm up, see if something just got frozen.

The next morning he goes out to try again, wheel is still acting like it has a brake dragging (but the wheel will still move, just hard to move it). I tell the kid "look, I don't have the tools or time to work on it or I would, get a friend to bring a tow rope, or go buy one, I'll tow you all the way up that hill." At the time I had reaaalll doubts. The hill is pure ice and snow, he's got a wheel dragging, and like I said, that beast is pretty steep. So he leaves with a friend, comes back with a nice rope and I hook it to both sides of his frame, put it around my Class 3 hitch and tell him "Keep it in neutral, when I lean out the window and tell you to brake, you stop us both."

I put it the Lexus into L and think "I'm going to break something, I'll start slipping and a tire will hit a dry patch and break and axle, just watch." So I slowly roll it forward, start heading up the hill; I'll be damned if the tires even slipped once. That little RX300 beasted up the hill, towing another truck with a dragging brake and didn't even break a sweat. I must say, I'm just working on fixing a few things on this truck, it's actually my brothers and I'm just helping him out and giving it back here soon but I am super, super impressed with how well this thing handles itself.