1999 Rx300 P1354 Comes Up Every Time When It Idles Rough And Bad Odor

akiyama1

I opened up the ocv bank 2 (left side) and filter checked and cleaned it. The solenoid is clean and (oscillating when connected to battery). Do you still suggest to replace the OCV on bank 2. I can get that solenoid part 15340-20010 (OCV) left side under $70. Thanks for your help.

Folks, I just wanted to validate what i have done to resolve this issue with CEL P1354. While i waited for part to arrive, DormanSolution part# 197-211 same as Lexus part# 15340-20010, I took that the Solenoid another name is OCV another name Variable Timint Valve they're all with same component as the reference part, and cleaned it along with the filter but the symptoms remained the same; rough idle, bad odor and very bad average MPG 17.3 top. Did not help. I also note that i replaced all spark plugs and ignition coils weeks prior to CEL P1354 popped up.

Solution: Actually i order 2 OCVs from Oreilly for left and right bank btw left is bank 2 and right is bank 1 (DormanSolution will refer to each under detailed applications headline. As point of reference starting with the radiator looking in towards the firewall; the left/bank2 OCV and filter is closest to you on the right side, the bank1 is much further toward the firewall direction. I replaced only left/bank2 OCV and that did it, took me 10 minutes and it worked/resovled immediately, one really good indicator is the average MPG it jumped to 20/21/22 depending on the traffic. Knock on woods no repeat symtoms so far.