Looking To Purchase

FreeFan91

Hey everyone, My name is Sam. I am looking into buying an IS300 but I have a few questions. Is there anything SPECIFIC I should look for when purchasing? This will be my 6th car so I do know the general stuff to look for (rust, leaks, damage etc.) How long to these cars normally last (miles) before needing major repair? What problems do these cars generally have? Anything else I should know before I buy? I would really love to add an IS300 to my life, all help and suggestions are appreciated. I look forward to being a part of this community! Thanks!

Hey everyone, My name is Sam. I am looking into buying an IS300 but I have a few questions. Is there anything SPECIFIC I should look for when purchasing? This will be my 6th car so I do know the general stuff to look for (rust, leaks, damage etc.) How long to these cars normally last (miles) before needing major repair? What problems do these cars generally have? Anything else I should know before I buy? I would really love to add an IS300 to my life, all help and suggestions are appreciated. I look forward to being a part of this community! Thanks!

Good day to you Sam and also welcome the Club!

A couple of things you left out about the car your looking at.....such as how many miles on it, are you buying the car from a dealer or private prvate party, as Lexirx330 said, do you have access to the maintnance records or have you pulled the CarFax report.

There have not been any particular or unique problems with the IS300, and as most Lexus it's not unusual for any model Lexus to run up to as much as 200,000 miles. I'm not familiar with the specifics of up keep on this year IS, but most Lexus recommend changing plugs at 120,000 miles. This is the type of thing to look for.

If your working with a dealer be sure to talk about buying a car with a "Certified Pre Owned" warranty.

Paul

the one I'm looking at has 192,000 on the clock. The dealer claims to have done all the maintenance when they received the car on trade-in. Other than that, the pictures of the car look immaculate! Undercarriage is clean, engine is clean, tires are in great shape. Ill be making the trip to check it out/buy it on Friday. Hopefully this is something that is worth a 3 hour drive... :blink: