Vsc Issue

DebbieG

Lexus 2001 RX300---VSC engages for no reason when accelerating from a stopped position--the VSC light will flicker but does not stay on---My mechanic had removed the ABS which resolved the problem but also disconnected the ABS brakes and all wheel drive--I had hin reinstall the ABS as I would like to have it for the winter and the issue with the VSC obviously started again. Any ideas how to fix the issue would be appreciated as otherwise the car runs great with 235,000 miles on it

Did your mechanic get any codes? Could be nothing more than a bad wheel sensor....Many on this sites have removed and cleaned them and fixed the problem. But hopefully there are some pending codes in your computer.

Thanks for responding---nothing has ever come up on the codes---the only thing that had resolved the issue was disconnecting the ABS but then I lose everything--no lights come on except when the VSC engages and then that flashes but goes right off--I can disconnect the ABS again but would prefer not to do that. I have read about cleaning the sensors but for some reason my mechanic doesn't buy it--not sure why--but I guess will press the issue as that seems to be only suggestion I have gotten for this issue over the years. I did go w/o ABS last winter cause of this issue but was hoping to just fix it this time once and for all