Bought My First Ls400 For $450! But Key Wont Turn In Ignition

Luxx

o yesterday I came upon an add on craigslist for a 1994 LEXUS LS400 for $2000

I called the owner and managed to bring the car down to $450 after 2 days of negotiating, and finally went over last night to see the car. With my dad's consent we decided to go ahead and purchase the car the same night. So fast forward to today , my issue now is the key that was given to us is not turning in the ignition. The wheel is not locked , and it is now sitting in park. Last owner told me that all we need is a new ignition lock cylinder and the car will fire right up.

My question is ,

1. I have heard of lexus having a chip that is routed with the key as a safety security thingy in the back. Does my car have a chip , how & should I replace the key which is only the shaft part that inserts into the key hole or the whole cylinder.

2. Am I able to replace it or does this need to go to lexus ( I PREFER NOT )

Help !

no chip in yours, just go to a wrecking yard and buy a ignition key & lock assembly (working) and put it in. and does your llkey work in the doors?? if so hold on to it... $450, you are probably going to find a lot of things wrong... BUT BUT BUT do not enter them twice, like you did this time...