2008 Rx 350 Radio Won't Turn On.

It's been acting up for months. The display light would go off when parked in hot sun and the volume control and push button stations wouldn't work but I could make adjustments from the steering wheel. Now it won't turn on at all. No tape or disc. The navigation works normally. It has 81,000 miles. Btw, earlier this week the a/c compressor went out for $1,150 ouch! Any ideas on the radio?

• 2 weeks later...

My dad's 09 Rx350 radio does the same thing, especially the thing you mention when the radio's sitting in the sun. The radio i my 08 Rx400h (same radio as the one in the 350) switches stations whenever i hit a bump, and the LCD goes on and off, too. Both problems seem to go away by pushing the face of the radio with my hands. In the past, just pushing on the black face (around the LCD), returns power to the radio. After taking the radio apart, i realized that the face of the radio can separate from the main portion of the radio, and the contacts can come undone.

2r5ypnn.jpg

30m77lj.jpg

Hope it helps!