A/c Issues

my ac has the following symptoms that are occuring occasionally and indepently of each other

1. makes grumbling noises from the middle front vents, sounds like a dishwasher. turn ac off and on and it stops

2. turns the recycle off in the middle of the florida summer with out changing temp or speed and isnt on auto. tuen recycle on and it works no problem.

3. the a/c button starts flashing and blows hot. turn the ac off and back on and it works no problem

the refridgerant was filled 5k ago. was told the ac flashing was the ac relay which was changed a week ago. i was told since none of the syptoms occured while the car was in the shop they couldnt diagnose it. and the noise might be and accentuator? ( the motor that controlls the vents etc) and that i might have to pull the dash apart to get to it. the recycle turning off couldnt be explained.

do i have multiple issues or is this something someone has heard of? the mechanic i took it to is lexus cert master mechanic so it would be fixed right the first time.

Maybe the refrigerant was refilled 5k miles ago but it's time to recheck it. Could be a leak and low causing noise in the evaporator.

It sounds like you might have a bad connection or a bad pressure switch causing erratic behavior.

My thoughts are that you might want to take it to a really good A/C shop and not the Lexus mechanic. He is probably an overall good mechanic but lacks in the A/C area. A good A/C shop will run some checks and most likely be able to tell you what is wrong.