Newbie, Wanting An Rx Need Guidance

KMURP

I am new to this forum, and I have been looking at the RX for a couple months now. I am wanting to know which model and years are the best and most reliable? I don't want to purchase and later find out it was a year that was known to have problems with it. SO, HELP!!! lol thanks

I personally would go with the 2004 or newer RX330, RX350 etc. The 99thru 2003 RX300 is a great car, but the 99, 2000, were prone to transmission issues...A clean good 2003 would be optimum. Otherwise look for a RX330 or above.

• 4 weeks later...

I think almost any RX is likely to be good. I mean, Lexus makes the best, period. I would go for the newest model I can afford and try to get low mileage. I had a new 2000 RX300 and there were no major problems. I traded it for a new 2005 RX330 and it too had no real problems. I just bought a 2013 RX350 and I am hopiing it is as good as the other two. I bought extended warranties for both of my earlier RX's, by the way. The worst was a total waste of money because I never used it. The second paid for itself because of some electronic glitch that occurred after the warranty ran out.

If your budget allows, you might go for a certified pre-owned RX at your local Lexus dealership. That will give you a low mileage vehicle that has been thoroughly inspected and that has a Lexus warranty until the vehicle has 100,000 miles on it or becomes 7 years old. You'll pay more than you would in other places but you'll have more protection against getting somebody else's problems. I think Lexus vehicles are most likely to have problems when the owner has tried to do his own repairs.

I suppose this reply isn't very helpful but maybe it is at least encouraging. I have owned a slew of high-end cars, including Mercedes and Porsche, all bought new, and Lexus is the best of the lot. I am totally sold, which is why I'm now on my third consecutive RX.

Good luck. And enjoy.