Hi Everyone

fjcruiser

Not a Lexus owner yet but seriously looking at buying the IS 300 and will be looking at post re positive and negs on the car, trying to find out if there are some gremlins to watch out for (I currently own a Jaguar XJ 2004 which is giving me some issues).

Really please to have joined an active forum and perhaps talk to fellow residents of Dubai who can give me good advice too!

Not a Lexus owner yet but seriously looking at buying the IS 300 and will be looking at post re positive and negs on the car, trying to find out if there are some gremlins to watch out for (I currently own a Jaguar XJ 2004 which is giving me some issues).

Really please to have joined an active forum and perhaps talk to fellow residents of Dubai who can give me good advice too!

Hi Patricia and welcome to the LOC!

Should you decide to purchase the IS 300, IMO, I believe you'll be a lot happier. The Jag's of that era were known to have a lot of problems. My Lexus dealer for example, carries both Lexus and Jaguar. In addition to Infinity and Land Rover. So they have a wide range of experience with luxury cars. When I asked is I should buy a Jaguar, the service tech said he could'nt recomend it. Too many constant little problems.

I say all this just to compare what may have been your experience with your XK. The IS is a great car with good reliability and a sports car feel and handling. It will not out perform A BMW sports series (5 series?) , but is total pperformance is what you need choose the new Lexus GS350. WoW, What cool and rocket of a car.

Good luck on your choice. Let us know what you decide on.

Paul