2004 Rx330 Side Mirror Actuators

Hello, I bought my RX330 new in 2004 and it only has approx. 50k miles. It's the best car I've ever owned. I installed an after market XM radio and I can play that or ipod, iphone, ipad music.

It ls clearly out of warranty and now both side mirrors will not tilt up, down or side to side. The dealer charges way too much money to fix. From what I've learned so far is the actuator inside the mirror has failed.

Does anyone have a drawing/repair manual for this?

Thanks for the help.

Hi M and welcome to the Club.

I know you've had the RX330 for some time and your certainly not a novice. However, the number one cause of your problem is not the actuators/motors in the mirrors, but having left the mirror L/R switch in the middle position. If you toggle the switch to the left or right position, your mirrors will both function up and down, sideways and so forth.

I would be very suprised if this isn't the problem. When you think about it, it would be pretty odd for both mirrors to develop the same problem at the exact same time. Good luck.

Let us know if that solves your problem.

Paul

Oh yes, I don't adjust the mirrors that often but I do select L or R to adjust them and they do not respond. I'm not sure if it's the L-R switch or the actuators.

Anyone have a schematic or repair manual for either.

thanks, again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably much too late, but...

I have a 2005 RX330 with one bad actuator on the passenger side; mirror tilts up and down fine, but not in and out. My service writer listened to my issue then responded that you could manually adjust the mirror without causing any damage (and save about $450 in the process). Since i'm the only driver, this seemed sensible to me.

• 1 month later...

The driver's side mirror on my 2005 RX330 is a little slow to move right/left - up or down is fine. I believe it is a common failure item.

I manually adjust it if it's really sticky and I feel the need to change it - then go about my merry way - since only my wife or I drive it, not a big deal. There is an entire Lexus RX service manual available at this website should you be feeling up to the task of the repair:

http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/RX_03-07/contents/index.html