Running A Taller Tire Profile

Hey guys!

I've had my IS350 AWD for almost a year now and one of my not so likes is the amount of tire noise that gets into the cabin. I've swapped out the standard tires that came with Michelin MXM4 but no joy. Thinking of running a taller profile 225/50/17 or 225/55/17 (I know speedo will be off) to quite things down a bit. On textured road surfaces it sometimes gets pretty loud and distracting. Any thoughts? Issues with fitting?

Thanks.

Which MXM4 do you have? Pilot or Primacy? According to the customer surveys at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?skipOver=true&width=225%2F&ratio=45&diameter=17 the Primacy is substantially quieter.

I don't think a taller profile tire would necessarily be any quieter.

Which MXM4 do you have? Pilot or Primacy? According to the customer surveys at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?skipOver=true&width=225%2F&ratio=45&diameter=17 the Primacy is substantially quieter. I don't think a taller profile tire would necessarily be any quieter.

Primacy. Strange thing is two of them make a noticeable hum. Worst than the OEMs. I did read the reviews on them from this site and others so that's why I purchased them but perhaps I may have gotten a bad set.

In my experience my winter tires are noticeable quieter than my summer tires,...you need a soft compound tire to make it quiet and make sure the alignment is spot on too.