'94 Lexus Es300 Running Sluggish

Hi everyone,

the title says it all. It's running sluggish. At first I thought it was my ignition coil and my spark plugs, but I think I guessed wrong. After changing them today, the car still runs rough and has misfires. I also just recently replaced my fuel pump which in this case... won't make any difference?

I am frustrated to see my car like this.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Need more info. Miles? Check engine light? Losing oil? Any other symptoms?

Around 210,000 miles. No check engine light on, and not losing any oil. I've recently replaced my ignition coils and spark plugs and it still does the same thing.

Although a new development... in a bad way

just last week the car started stalling when idling, especially below 1k rpm. It also runs sluggish once in a while.

Could it be the catalytic converter or the idle control valve? I have a hunch that it's the catalytic because I'm getting fewer millage and (I'm not sure if this is a related issue but) every time after I wash my car, especially the underbody, it runs very sluggishly.

Help please!

Edit:

I've also recently changed my fuel pump, rebuild transmission, and O2 sensors.

• 4 months later...

Im pretty sure its the idle control valve. I checked on line and from the problems you listed this is for sure one of the problems.

PS I have the same 1994 lexus ES 300 you do and mine is having idle issues also but from what info I have seen on line thats where I'm

going to start the idle control valve.