Rt Front Wheel Bearing Rx300

HarleyBB

Rt font wheel bearing

Mine is makeing a terrible sound, and I mean terrible, does anyone know how difficult it is to replace and am I going to need a new hub?

The bearing envolves a lot of labor...The hub assembly has to be removed and the bearing pressed out. I did mine myself. I suggest if you want to save money do it, but have the bearing pressed out at a local machine shop and new one put in. Google the procedure, it is out there...here is my old posting

Well changed the left front bearing yesterday, Started by removing the axle nut (210 ftlb) and then dropped the tie rod end, ball joint from control arm, brake caliper, brake caliper support, speed sensor, and then the two bolts that hold the shock strut to the steering knuckle....

next used a shop press to push the hub assembly out of the steering knuckle, removed the E ring holding the bearing into the steering knuckle and then pressed the bearing out.

pressing was real nerve racking, would not budge, then all of a sudden it would make a bang and move. This was with lots of penetrating oil soaking. Note forget I also removed the dust shield before removing the bearing. (This goes around the speed sensor gear)....After cleaning up everything with fine emery, pressed new bear into the steering knuckle, then the clip, and then the axle hub. Had to use varried size sockets to press on the correct area of the bearing so as not to damage the bearing...So far good, but havent taken out on the highway to see if the drone is gone...I still have to do the right side also, but Now I feel confident enough to do the job. Bought the shop press for $106 12ton...HF....The locals were going to charge $50 per hub to press out...so I am half way there....