1990 Ls 400 Anti Theft System

Musada

I have a 1990 ls 400. When I bought the car, it didn't come with the remote key, however the anti theft system still works.

My question is, if I buy a new remote key, would I be able to reprogram the alarm to match the new key myself without having the dealer charge me $400? And if so, where could I buy the new remote key

I don't think there is any "programming" for keys on the 1990 LS400 like there is on the later LS400. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is that what "programming" there is amounts to installing a new computer chip in the receiver behind the trim panel on the driver side of the trunk. That is why replacement remotes keys and the chip are sold as a set.

A set of two remote keys and a matching chip fall from $320 to $273.60 at Sewell with a car forum discount: http://lexus.sewellp...-1990/2766.html

• 2 weeks later...
How do we get the discount? Thanks, Hank

Register on the Sewell website and provide your forum member name from one of the forums they accept them for. I registered using my ClubLexus forum member name and don't remember if they take member names for this forurm.