Creaky Front Door Seals On 08 Rx

Both front doors on my 08 build RX creak really badly - even on relatively smotth roads.

If I open the door ajar whilst driving the seals are silent - so I am 100% sure the problem is noisy seals.

I have tried Silicone Spray, WD40 and even cleaning the seals with Methylated Spirits - but the problem remains.

It makes the Lexus feel like a cheap Korean built car.

Anyone solved this problem ?

Lube the door hinges and the door lock.

Look around the doors for a place of contact, somewhere that the paint is rubbed off due to continuous "vibratory" contact/rubbing.

I don't see how the "soft" rubber door seals could be responsible for a creaking noise.

Keep in mind that the RX400h chasis/body will shake and flex due to even minor roadbed pertubations and with the door tightly closed, FIRMLY closed, mounted tightly to the body front (hinges) and rear (door lock) something rubbing inside the door(s) might be the cause.

Someone installed new door speakers...??

thanks Jas, I am starting to think the same as the seals are very soft.

Both front doors and where the seals join the body look brand new. My car has done 60000kms easy driving.

Will try the hinges and latch tonight.

good point. I have only had the RX400h for 3 months and it has always had the noisy doors.

It doesn't look like it has been in an accident but difficult to really tell.

I also have a problem when under really hard acceleration the car wanders a bit and is difficult to steer straight, so maybe it has been repaired.

good point. I have only had the RX400h for 3 months and it has always had the noisy doors.

I also have a problem when under really hard acceleration the car wanders a bit and is difficult to steer straight, so maybe it has been repaired.

Mine does that too...I really believe that is because of the huge amount of torque that is available instantly....You feel it ....The driveshafts being unequal lenth may do this....

Torque steer, SOP for FWD and/or front biased "AWD". Even worse when turning into the short halfshaft side and under hard acceleration.

Some of the newer vehicles with EPS, Electric Power Steering, negate this effect electronically...."software"....

Tested my RX400h again on the weekend. I accelerated flat out on a dry road slightly uphill. The front left tire spun, traction control kicked in, car all over the shop. I suppose if it was spinning tires then I couldn't expect it to steer that straight.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 08 RX350 and the creaky doors was the first thing I had to fix. After Wd40ing the hinges and latches with no results, I investigated a little deeper. I found the space between the black rubber door seal and the plastic interior trim was pretty dirty. Push the door seal back and clean the dirt off the trim, I just used windex.

No more creaking!