Xenon Hid Conversion Kit On My Is250 2011. Installation + Picture

Hello everyone. I just installed today some hid lights on my lexus is250 2011. Dealer wanted an insane amount for something that i got for only 110$ online and gives me the exact same result if not even better. Installation was pretty easy but long. It took me a good 1 hour to complete the installation. lexus makes it so complicated to reach the low beams bulb its unbelievable. Despite this, i was still able to install the hid kit perfectly. I can help anyone that wants to install an hid kit on his lexus. I took some pictures to show you guys the results. if anyone has any questions concerning where i got them or on the installation, please feel free to ask.

hidkit1.jpg

hidkit2.jpg

Aftermarket HID kits DO NOT provide the same results as the OEM HID option (currently $875 retail) on the IS. OEM HID includes autoleveling to keep from blinding oncoming drivers and different light units that properly focus the light from HID bulbs and also keep from blinding oncoming drivers. IMO, the most effective tool to use on aftermarket HID kits is the special "Aftermarket HID adjustment tool" shown in the attached photo.

post-2157-0-40622300-1331389873_thumb.jp

You are funny with this picture lol. why you need auto levelling? the low beams doest point toward drivers eyes but point towards the road. my hids cost me 110$ and i have the projectors on my car...... Same effect 10000%

I'm actually dead serious. Put a couple of passengers in the back seat and/or stuff in the trunk and you will likely blind oncoming drivers as the rear end of your car sinks downward and the front end rises upwards.

Here is a good reference about the legality of aftermarket HID kits: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Maybe you will get away with your kit in NY - or maybe you won't.

• 3 weeks later...