Headlight Cleaning

youbetcha!

There are some small circles that have built up on my lights: Is there away to clean them?

Picture isn't too clear but I believe your lens are starting to fade (which is normal due to time). You can either have a detail shop buff that out for you (could cost anywhere between $40 the cheapest to $80 depending on the shop) or if you have your own electric drill at home you can buy a cleaning kit for about $30 (which can be good for several cars, you can make money by cleaning your friends' headlights and eventually earn enough money to pay for the initial cost of the kit).

Just a forewarning though. Once you have them cleaned out (whether by a shop or yourself), the lights WILL FADE a lot faster than it took for it to currently fade. One solution to this problem is to have a shop install a 3M clear headlight film which has UV protection which will prevent the headlight from fading ever again. That's what I've done on my cars and *knock on wood* I don't see any signs of fading on them.

• 3 weeks later...