Newbie Here. Few Questions About My New Lexus

ise300

wow i cant believe i can finally say i own a lexus, so sweet, im sick and tired of the civics, and nissans that owned presviously. any ways today i went and gripped myslef a 2000 lexus es300 beatiful car inside out. there is damage on the hood and fender which i find no biggie to get fixed, as i know a guy, who knows a guy sort of type of thing. but the one problem was when i was testing it. the car didnt want to rev past 4000 rpm on park. i thought this is normal that lexus would make sure they had a special sensor so that the engine wouldnt get damaged, which would be awesome. . but im hearing mixed anwsers around the net. is this normal??? also is it normal the the rear lights work only at night ???

Hey, there. Newbie, myself. However, I might be able to help with at least one aspect you have. For quite a number of years most manufacturers have installed rev limiters to prevent folks from going past certain RPM markers when in Park or Neutral; congrats, you found yours. But, you'll find if you put it in gear, step hard on your brake, and step on your gas again, you can exceed that mark (not that you'd necessarily want to - engine, transm, and/or mount damage, at the least, can result). Happy motoring.

M. S.