Learned How To Pull Diagnostic Codes Today

prix

I readup on lexls.com and got some wire to try pulling codes. When I tested for engine and transmission codes, that worked just fine. I got the continuously flashing lights (every .25 seconds) meaning that there were no codes. Then I moved the wires to pull ABS/TRAC codes, and when I turned the key to 'on', the TRAC light came on for about 2 seconds then went off. That was it. No blinks at all. According to lexls.com, it shoudl blink every .25 seconds if there is no code. Does this mean that traction control isn't working at all and can't even be detected? The only thing I saw was the cruise control flashing (every .25 seconds) but that was it. Nothing for ABS or TRAC or anything else. I did put the wires in the right places to check TRAC/ABS, etc.....I double checked that to be sure. The trac warning ligheck warning light has been coming on off an don for years. The last time that happened was about a week ago, so there should be a code. But, nothing. Any ideas?

Yes, I did have OD pressed in, and the transmission was in neutral. I also had the wires in the right iinputs. I tried twice. I can try again tomorrow, but I don't know what to do differently. The trac light came on while I was driving today, so there should be a code. . My main concern is whether this will screw up the smog test.

Did you make sure you connected to the correct terminals for the Trac/ABS codes was the OD button pressed in as instructed.

• 1 year later...

You'll also want to check to see if the "check engine" light comes on when you start the car, because, a CEL light will also light the "TRAC OFF". If the check engine light doesn't come on with the key on/not started, the bulb's pretty easy to get at and replace... Been there, done that--recently.

Paul