Gps Upgrade

I had some work done on my 2006 rx 400h. When I got my car back I was happy with the repair, etc...but the next day when I went to get a "previous" address on my GPS I found that my 97 addresses were all gone.

I was later told that they upgraded the GPS...but why would no one tell the owner that they would lose everything in the saved section on my GPS? Anyone else experience this? I mean this dealership has been great and I always get a great loaner etc....even with the solder recall they not only fixed the problem but filled my tank,as usual washed my car, and I had a bag of gifts on my passenger seat.......anyway, that is why I am surprised at this....seems out of character.....Any help/thoughts... would be appreciated. Rey in LA

Do the previous addresses get lost if the battery is disconnected? Could it be as simple as that? If they did disconnect the battery, make sure they have done the ISC reset.

By upgraded, do they mean that they ihstalled a newer version of the map disc? Usually they charge $200 to $250 (which, by the way is ABSOLUTE highway robbery), so I find it hard to believe they would do that for free (even if you're a really nice guy).

I agree wih Lemon...as far as I know, the only way to upgrade the NAV is with a new DVD. If they did that for free, it was worth losing your 97 previous destinations. It also may happen if the battery is disconnected...not sure about that.

That happened to me as well when I inserted the new DVD. If they have a warning about it on the disc, I missed it.

Besides, what would you have done? Written down the most important previous destinations? I can't imagine there's a way to save and reload them.

It IS a hassle, though.

RXREY, do you know what version of the map disc you had prior to taking your RX in for service? Either way, why don't you look up the disc version from the GPS and tell us what it is. I 'think' the latest version is 11.1 If you've never upgraded it, the original in the 2006 RX was 4.something I think.

I'm still leaning to the battery was disconnected and they just gave you some lame !Removed! reason because the person you spoke to at the dealer had no idea what to tell you. In that case, I'll once again stress that you make sure they did the ISC reset (or do it yourself).

Were these 97 addresses saved in your "Memory" folder or were they just left in your "Previous" folder?

Disconnecting the cars battery will delete everything in your "previous" list but will not delete anything you've saved to "memory". Also if you registered a "home" address this shouldn't be deleted simply by disconnecting the battery.

Hope this helps!