New Lexus Owner

Rpauff

Hello Lexus owners.

I am a new owner of a 2011 ES 350 which replaces my 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6. I always wanted to have a Lexus, but, had to wait until my retirement years to acquire one.

My Lexus is Starfire Pearl with parchment interior and Touring edition.

I only have 3000K on it since acquiring it in early November, 2011.

The car is really nice - quality workmanship and rides like a dream. The only real disappointment I have with the car is with the parchment leather seats, I wear blue denim jeans daily and this has proven to be a real hassle in keeping the blue dye from transferring to the seat surfaces. I have talked to my Lexus dealership about this and they just seem to say it can be cleaned with a premium automotive leather cleaner/conditioner. I must say that I am now using a product at least once a week to remove and clean the leather surface in both front seats. I also contacted Lexus Canada, but they simply told me that I will need to use a cleaner/conditioner and referred me back to my dealership. Not a very helpful answer. There must be a product which "protects" the leather from the dye transfer or at least slow it down.

Has anyone else have this problem and /or have any better solution to this seemingly common problem?

Please help.

Many thanks.

Hello Roland and welcome to your Lexus Owners Club.

I too have a ES350 with the parchment interior and have the same trouble with jeans dye transfer. I also had a 2005 ES330 with a cashmere colored interior that did the same thing. However it is not the fault of Lexus. It happens with every car, from every brand with quality leather seats in a light color. It is not fatal. Over time as you wear over the leather and keep it clean, you'll find it transfers less. When I have my car washed they just wipe a rag with some cleaner over the spots and it looks like new.

So don't blame the dealer or Lexus, I guess we can blame the cow? LOL

Paul

Hello Roland and welcome to your Lexus Owners Club.

I too have a ES350 with the parchment interior and have the same trouble with jeans dye transfer. I also had a 2005 ES330 with a cashmere colored interior that did the same thing. However it is not the fault of Lexus. It happens with every car, from every brand with quality leather seats in a light color. It is not fatal. Over time as you wear over the leather and keep it clean, you'll find it transfers less. When I have my car washed they just wipe a rag with some cleaner over the spots and it looks like new.

So don't blame the dealer or Lexus, I guess we can blame the cow? LOL

Paul

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Paul is right on...happens in my GX and also in my wife's X5 even worse! I do have a solution! Wear dress pants.... :blushing: It is a PIA but just clean and condition the seats. I have noticed that the darker jeans of my wife's really mark up the seats bad so I usually take a leather wipe and clean the seats quite often.