Why doesn't AM/FM Transmitter work through the radio speakers. My Lexus has no Navigation or touchscreen just a FM/AM CD player 6 disc. The FM Transmitter works in my Toyota Avalon but not in the Lexus, just trying to get my iPod to play. Thanks

Why doesn't AM/FM Transmitter work through the radio speakers. My Lexus has no Navigation or touchscreen just a FM/AM CD player 6 disc. The FM Transmitter works in my Toyota Avalon but not in the Lexus, just trying to get my iPod to play. Thanks

Hi Roger and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your question. Are you saying that in your 2009 RX, your AM/FM radio does not put out any sound? You use the term "transmitter". Does this mean you have a device that is transmitting a signal on a FM band, but you can't hear it over your radio in your RX? Or. are you talking just about problems with trying to interface your iPod with the RX system.

Again, sorry, but could you clarify a little more what the problem is.

Paul

Hi Paul, I have a iPod and a FM Transmitter set to the FM station on the Lexus but it will not play any sound through the Lexus speakers. I have tried both auxiliary plugs the one right below the radio and also the one by passenger side but still no sound. The same system plays great on my Toyota Avalon just wondering why it does not play in the RX350. Thanks Roger

Well today the FM Transmitter is working. But now I noticed the Maintenance Required light on dash is on. I have around 49,200 mi. On Lexus. Is this just scheduled maintenance or do I need to have it checked out. Thanks

Well today the FM Transmitter is working. But now I noticed the Maintenance Required light on dash is on. I have around 49,200 mi. On Lexus. Is this just scheduled maintenance or do I need to have it checked out. Thanks

The maintenance light is just for your routine service. Oil change, filter, etc.. Unfortunatly it had nothing to do with making your FM work. lol Have no idea why it worked in one and not the other, but it could be a loose connection in the plug jack. Good listening!