Cd Player Operation

SRX

I would appreciate any feedback concerning a problem with the CD player in my 2005 RX330. "ERROR 4" appears on the display. The owner's manual states this message indicates trouble inside the system and instructs me to eject the CD. The CD's will not eject. Next instruction in the manual is to take the vehicle to a Lexus dealer if the problem is not rectified. Your suggestions?

Hi XRX.

This problem comes up from time to time and there are only a few safe things to try short of going to the dealer, IMO. The first, if there is no power to the radio/unit, check the fuse in the fuse box. Secondly, If that is alright, disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery and leave it off for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the CD changer to reset itself and sometimes will clear the error message. It also may allow you to eject that CD.

This is not fool proof. Even after all of this, the dealer may be your best choice.

Paul