My Rx 300 Stalls And Jerks

kayduah

my 2004 rx 300 stalls and jerks real bad. i took it to the shop and was told, it was the fuel pump. i changed it and it did not stop. i went back and was told fuel filter, i changed it and it's still jerking when driving and consuming a lot of gas. Can this be electrical or other things needs to be changed.

when at the stop light, it idles okay, but jerks whilst driving as if you are running out of gas. any help or suggestions

KD

my 2004 rx 300 stalls and jerks real bad. i took it to the shop and was told, it was the fuel pump. i changed it and it did not stop. i went back and was told fuel filter, i changed it and it's still jerking when driving and consuming a lot of gas. Can this be electrical or other things needs to be changed.

when at the stop light, it idles okay, but jerks whilst driving as if you are running out of gas. any help or suggestions

KD

Assuming you have no CEL indication the most likely problem is a plugged up, internittently plugged, catalytic converter. Not exactly an uncommon problem.

• 2 months later...

I seem to be having the same problem. I couldn't go over about 50 mph, then it went to about 35mph limit, with a LONG gradual ability to attain 45mph.

The filter was changed. A mechanic friend hooked up his laptop diagnostic tool (best shop in the area where I live), and said he wasn't getting any codes, and he thought maybe it was the throttle position sensor, and advised I take it to the nearest Toyota Dealer (nearest Lexus is over 2 hours away).

I changed the TPS, and the RPM limit went from 2500 to about 3100, and I can not get to 50mph or better within 2/10 of a mile.

The latest suggestion by a different mechanic who's looked at is the idle control, but I do have my doubts about that one....