Navigation Touch Screen Requires Tap Each Startup?

byrne2rad

Each start up requires I tap touch screen "agree" box on my otherwise great 2005 LS430. I did not need to do that on the 2007 ES350 which I traded in. Lexus service says NOT FIXABLE? This tedious procedure needs to be gone ASAP. Can anyone suggest a fix or service? Sounds like a legal soft ware glitsh? Lexus advises "was put in those generation 3 units by a nondriver at the software company" which supplied the navigation units to Lexus. Thanks in advance, byrne2rad

What did you expect when you step back two model years? Your 2007 ES350 had a generation 5 nav system. Your 2005 LS430 has a generation 4 nav system. The version in current Lexus vehicles is generation 6. There have been several discussions of products that get rid of the "I agree" on pre-gen5 systems. One from VAIS is mentioned by jayclapp in http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls430/582330-ls430-navigation-cd-dvd-update.html but you might want to verify with the vendor whether or not it really does.

I didn't find pressing an "I agree" button on a nav screen a few times today to be a problem.

While not very user friendly, I do not mind pressing the "I Agree" virtual button when I need to use the map. Most of the time, I push the audio button to get into the radio settings because I use the radio much more than the navigation. The most annoying thing about the disclaimer screen is that the people I occasionally cart around seem to feel obligated to read it out-loud when they get into my car. Usually "first timers" to the Lexus experience.

While not very user friendly, I do not mind pressing the "I Agree" virtual button when I need to use the map. Most of the time, I push the audio button to get into the radio settings because I use the radio much more than the navigation. The most annoying thing about the disclaimer screen is that the people I occasionally cart around seem to feel obligated to read it out-loud when they get into my car. Usually "first timers" to the Lexus experience.

My only complaint is I wish they moved it around on the screen with each power cycle of the car. That lower right corner of the touch pad is going to wear out whereas a simple software change would move it around to spread out the wear.