Ls 400 1995

lexus ls 400

The stop light switch at the top of the brake pedal lever is most likely defective. I had the same thing happen on a 90 LS400 - it's a fairly common problem. Another symptom is that you cannot turn off the cruise control by stepping on the brake.

post-2157-0-86259600-1324213682_thumb.jp

Wow sounds like u need a new car

It would be a bit less expensive to replace the stop light switch - $43.16 from http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/8401841191-Electrical-LS400-1995.html with a car forum discount. Get a ClubLexus member name if Sewell doesn't take your member name for this forum. The part number is 84340-32110 and the same part is used on the LS400 from 1995 to 2000, the 98-00 GS, 96-00 LX, and the 92-00 SC. If you have a "pick and pull" salvage yard nearby, I'd bet you could get a used one for about $5.

So the brake light *BLEEP*in up everything eils my I fix my stereo and my five disk stereo but my gear won't move out ove park

I am not understanding you. If you replace the stop light switch at the top of the brake pedal lever, your gear shift lever should move from the Park position without pressing the shift lock override button. The stop light switch is a component of several seemingly unrelated systems in your car.

Okay but do you now why some ove fuse from the fuse box are geting power and lot ove the fuse are not geting power

I am still not understanding. What on your car is not working?

Replace your stop light switch and then see what is still not working.