Brake Lights

R2too

I have a 1999 LX470 and I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the brake pedal pressure(sensitivity) required to turn on the brake lights. We had a drive out today and a neighboring vehicle said my brake lights were not working. I checked them after the drive out and they work but require hard pressure to turn them on. If I tap the brakes they don't come on. Any help appreciated.

There is a brake light switch at the top of the brake pedal lever. It could be loose or defective - I had one completely fail on a 90 LS. Are you also having any problem shifting your transmissions out of "Park"? The same brake light switch causes the transmission lever to unlock so that the transmission can be shifted out of Park.

post-2157-0-40555000-1324134650_thumb.jp

There is a brake light switch at the top of the brake pedal lever. It could be loose or defective - I had one completely fail on a 90 LS. Are you also having any problem shifting your transmissions out of "Park"? The same brake light switch causes the transmission lever to unlock so that the transmission can be shifted out of Park.

I have the same problem kicking the vehicle out of cruise control.

If "kicking the vehicle out of cruise control" means stepping on the brake pedal, that also points to a defective stop light switch on the brake pedal arm.