Gs300 Factory Wood Trim Peeling

Hi all,

The factory wood trim around the gear selector in my 1993 GS300 is cracking and flaking off, revealing the metal below. All of the replacement kits I've seen online are third party sticker kits and only come as full interior sets. Is there any place I can buy an OEM or OEM-like trim panel for just the shifter console?

Also, you'll notice in the picture that the emergency shifter release cap is missing. The car was towed last week because of a seized alternator and the tow truck driver conveniently left the cap on the side of the road. Where can I get a new one?

Thanks!

IMG_0142.jpg

Hi all,

The factory wood trim around the gear selector in my 1993 GS300 is cracking and flaking off, revealing the metal below. All of the replacement kits I've seen online are third party sticker kits and only come as full interior sets. Is there any place I can buy an OEM or OEM-like trim panel for just the shifter console?

Also, you'll notice in the picture that the emergency shifter release cap is missing. The car was towed last week because of a seized alternator and the tow truck driver conveniently left the cap on the side of the road. Where can I get a new one?

Thanks!

IMG_0142.jpg

I found one OEM wood kit on ebay for a GS300, year 1993. The price is about $148.00. I don't think your going to be able to find just a single piece such as for your console.

Since it is on ebay, if your interested I would follow the link below quickly.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Trim-/33705/i.html?Make=Lexus&Model=GS300&Model%2520Year=1993&rt=nc&Part%2520Brand=Factory%252C%2520OEM&_catref=1&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_myi=1993&_qfkw=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

Hi all,

Thanks!

IMG_0142.jpg

I found one OEM wood kit on ebay for a GS300, year 1993. The price is about $148.00. I don't think your going to be able to find just a single piece such as for your console.

Since it is on ebay, if your interested I would follow the link below quickly.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Trim-/33705/i.html?Make=Lexus&Model=GS300&Model%2520Year=1993&rt=nc&Part%2520Brand=Factory%252C%2520OEM&_catref=1&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_myi=1993&_qfkw=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

Thanks for the link, but it's kinda crazy to buy the entire kit for just that one part. I'll check out a few junk yards.