Lexus Canada Recommended Oil Weights

lemon

I got a similar chart from Toyota Canada earlier this year (it may even be posted somwhere here). I recently emailed Lexus Canada for a similar chart, and they were most accomodating. Keep in mind this is from Lexus Canada. Lexus USA might have a different information. I don't know why they would, since the engines are the same whether a Canadian vehicle or an American vehicle.

Click on the image to make it bigger.

lexusoil.jpg

The very small print at the bottom right hand corner says...

"TCI has made all possible efforts to ensure accuracy of this document. In the event of specification dispute and/or inconsistency, the owner's manual prevails. Note: Engine oil viscosity on oil filler cap specifies oil viscosity utilized during engine factory fill. For service refill, other oil grade options may be available for the model. This information is also available on ETAS: Dealer Communication (16) *Please discard all previous versions."

• 4 months later...

5w30, 5w20 or 0w20.

Seeing as you're in Canada, I would highly recommend the Toyota brand 0w20. Assuming the price is similar across the country, this oil can be obtained relatively cheap (cheaper than in the States, which is rare) and is highly regarded.

• 4 months later...