Are Us And Cdn Models The Same?

NAP1947

This my 2nd question. I am waiting for the navigation owners manual to arrive for my 2008 ES 350.

In the meantime I have been using the downloaded PDF version. In that group was a PDF called Personalize Settings.

This describes accessing various programmable setting using the Setup Panel Button which is supposed to activate a screen with 8 options, General, Clock, Service, Navi, Phone, Audio, Vehicle and Other.

I cannot find this Setup button or any screen remotely close to the one it is supposed to access. Where should I find this Setup Panel Button?

Could it be that US cars and CDN cars are setup differently?

Thanks for your help.

This my 2nd question. I am waiting for the navigation owners manual to arrive for my 2008 ES 350.

In the meantime I have been using the downloaded PDF version. In that group was a PDF called Personalize Settings.

This describes accessing various programmable setting using the Setup Panel Button which is supposed to activate a screen with 8 options, General, Clock, Service, Navi, Phone, Audio, Vehicle and Other.

I cannot find this Setup button or any screen remotely close to the one it is supposed to access. Where should I find this Setup Panel Button?

Could it be that US cars and CDN cars are setup differently?

Thanks for your help.

There is a row of buttons arranged vertically on each side of the navigation screen. The "Set Up" button is on the left hand row, second button from the bottom. I have read the Navigation Owners manual and can find no disclaimer that would lead one to believe there is a difference in the US and Canadian models. I know this seems pretty obvious, but I don't know how else to interpret your posting. If this isn't the right answer, please let us know.

However, one thing I did notice in your list of options when you press the set up button. You list General, Clock, Service, Navi, Phone, Audio, Vehicle, and Other. In the Navigation manual the list of 8 does not list Service. Instead it list voice.

Paul

Thanks Guru, I will try this again. The PDF I was looking at had an arrow across the Voice button and all I could see was 'ice' I guessed wrong as to its function.

Still new to all of this neat stuff.

I will let you know the outcome.

Hi,

I have 2009 ES350 on my car the bottom button on the right side of the nav screen is a menu button press it and there is a set up button but I don't believe that is what you are looking for.

I checked as my wife was leaving and the second button from the bottom of the left column is marked 'Display' not 'Setup'.

It did not go to the menu the PDF doc shows.

????

That's a bummer.

As you can tell, I have a 2010 and it is hard to believe that there would be that much difference in the nav controls between the model years. Unless someone else logs on here with other information, I would simply call a dealer in your area and ask your question. That would be the most direct and free way to accomplish your task.

Please come back and let us know your solution so we can all learn.

Paul