Console Lights Out Fix?

skongolf

I know this was covered before and if someone could post a link it would be awesome but this is what I am up against. The console lights, mainly radio and gear shift lights are out in My GF's 1999 rx300 awd. I remember reading that it has something to do with the cigarette lighter switch or a relay in the sliding console. Her rear lighter has always had issues and that could be the root of the problem. We just have no $$ to pay a dealer to troubleshoot, but hopefully someone had this same problem and fixed it or can point me in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Can you check your manual for the fuse? Something in my memory is telling me the radio lights are on the same fuse as the cig lighter and some other things... but i could be wrong.

There are a few fuse boxes on your Rx300; the fuse you need is either behind the coin drawer to the bottom left of the steering column (open the drawer, yank it out; it's designed to come out) or in the engine compartment. The manual will direct you to them.

When you find the page in the owners manual that lists all the fuses, next to each number fuse will be a little "blurb" listing some of the functions each fuse controls. With the car OFF, pull out and examine each fuse that lists either: radio, cigarette lighter, outlet, console, done, etc. There will be a few fuses that contain these words. <_<

And do you have power to the cig lighters?

If you find a blown fuse, replace it with another and see if it holds. If it blows again, then there's most likely a short somewhere... might want to check the center sliding console ashtray bulb.