Question About Aftermarket Park Assis

Dealer told us our 2011 IS350 AWD came with park assist like we had on our 2007 IS350 (front and rear warning). However it did not so dealer told us he can add park assist but only to back and he was not clear about where display would show (rear view mirror or nav screen--car does have nav and back up camera). I notice that rear bumper has circular protrusions (look like small plugs)left and right that could be pre-drilled to add sensors? Has anyone had experience with "aftermarket" park assist?

Lexus hq does say car warranty will not be affected as long as dealer does not remove/re-install nav screen during installation of park assist but should get something in writing from dealer confirming this.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer told us our 2011 IS350 AWD came with park assist like we had on our 2007 IS350 (front and rear warning). However it did not so dealer told us he can add park assist but only to back and he was not clear about where display would show (rear view mirror or nav screen--car does have nav and back up camera). I notice that rear bumper has circular protrusions (look like small plugs)left and right that could be pre-drilled to add sensors? Has anyone had experience with "aftermarket" park assist?

Lexus hq does say car warranty will not be affected as long as dealer does not remove/re-install nav screen during installation of park assist but should get something in writing from dealer confirming this.

I've seen a few models with non-oe park assist. I've never seen one integrated into a screen, only an audible warning. Suffice to say, they work anyway. I'd be *BLEEP*ed if the dealer told me I was getting OEM park assist and ended up without it. Someone on their end dropped the ball. If it's not too late, stick to your guns and get the OEM system. You'll be glad you did.

Lexus has offered dealer installed "park aid" systems for the IS in many countries but I don't know about the U.S. The "400" is rear only and the "800" is front and rear. Attached are the cover pages of the installation manuals for both systems. The installation manuals are too large to upload to this forum.

post-2157-0-31904300-1320450370_thumb.jp