Cd Changer/radio Says "ship"

DanOh

Okay I am a newbie in this forum, so forgive me for my sins. :-)

I have done a pretty long search to find out how to get my CD Changer out of the "Shipment Mode" I put it in.

So here is what happened.

I installed a Parrot Bluetooth system and when I took out the radio I forgot to take out the CD's that were in the changer. I then found on the posts that I had to take the cd/changer out and then take the lid off and then take out the CD's manually. I did this but then could not put in a disc so I saw the sticker to show you how to put it in "Shipment Mode" so I did that. Well.... now there is my problem. I can't get out of that mode right now. I have *BLEEP*ed off the mrs. because it is really her car.

The radio works fine but you only can see the words "SHIP" on the front lcd screen.

So I have done the following to try and fix it.

Disconnected the Positive Battery connector for over five minutes. That did nothing.

Disconnected the Negative Battery connector for over five minutes. That did nothing.

I am out of options other than going to the Dealer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to the instructions I'm reading, the negative battery cable must be disconnected while reinstalling a Lexus radio with CD changer. If the negative battery cable is connected while the radio is being reinstalled, the radio prematurely goes into its initialization routine and "Vibration during initialization may cause problems in the radio receiver assy."

So, try this: disconnect the negative battery cable, remove and disconnect your radio, reconnect your radio, reinstall your radio, and only then reconnect your negative battery cable.

And maybe before you try what I am suggesting, put it into ship mode again.