Opinion On This Gs430 Buy

Hello Everyone,

I finally signed up, have enjoyed reading the many informative posts over the years.

I've owned a 1993 ES300, that I bought 7 years ago (which i came across by chance) with 78K miles on it for a VERY good price, that's how i got to love the Lexus brand and have been loving it ever since.

I just bought this car : http://tinyurl.com/zgs430 $12km 128K on it. The guy did Timing belt and everything goes with it, a week ago, AC and new brakes a couple of months ago.

So few questions? mostly to find out whats normal and what might not be.

1 - Just so i don't have buyers remorse, was that a good deal?

2 - I did test drive it, but when i took it out the showroom and drove home on the highway, the steering would wobble a lot at high speeds.

3 - Everytime i would go over a bump, i can see the car go up and down is that normal?

4 - I filled up the tank this AM, i put regular unleaded and while i was standing pumping the gas, i saw PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY, does that mean I could NEVER put regular in this car?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Z

1) Don't know what it's worth.

2) Balance wheels/tires.

3) It's normal if the car is actually going up and down.

4) Yes. Unless you don't care if your car starts running like crap.

KBB says Dealer Retail = 14K

Nada and Edmunds had it around $11K.

But i had figured due to the high mileage, they would come down further but he wouldn't budge below that price...and also I figured due to the economy etc the street value would not necessarily reflect the values on kbb etc.

I'll get the tired balance and an alignment done on it.

So OK, i'll do my best with trying to fill it up with premium next time. gas guzzler+Premium gas = :cries:

• 2 weeks later...

The owner's manual says it is OK to use 87 octane fuel if you can't find 93 octane. I wouldn't make a habit of it. Anyway, the difference in cost between 87 and 93 is rarely more than .30 cents a gallon. So for 20 gallons of fuel we're only talking a difference of $6. Skip Starbucks for a day and you're square.

Hello Everyone,

I finally signed up, have enjoyed reading the many informative posts over the years.

I've owned a 1993 ES300, that I bought 7 years ago (which i came across by chance) with 78K miles on it for a VERY good price, that's how i got to love the Lexus brand and have been loving it ever since.

I just bought this car : http://tinyurl.com/zgs430 $12km 128K on it. The guy did Timing belt and everything goes with it, a week ago, AC and new brakes a couple of months ago.

So few questions? mostly to find out whats normal and what might not be.

1 - Just so i don't have buyers remorse, was that a good deal?

2 - I did test drive it, but when i took it out the showroom and drove home on the highway, the steering would wobble a lot at high speeds.

3 - Everytime i would go over a bump, i can see the car go up and down is that normal?

4 - I filled up the tank this AM, i put regular unleaded and while i was standing pumping the gas, i saw PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY, does that mean I could NEVER put regular in this car?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Z

We just wanted to say welcome to the LOC and hope your getting your answers. Glad you signed up.