How To Replace Pressure Tube On 1990 Ls400

lsrxlex

Hi all,

I'm the original owner. And after replacing 2 pumps and 2 steering racks in the past, now my (power steering) original Pressure Tube/Hose needs to be replaced. I know it's about time.

So, I already bought an after market Tube from Amazon, and 2 Toyota banjo gaskets.

Before starting, I try to avoid making mistakes by searching the Web to educate myself, but I couldn't find any tutorials for the job.

Please help.

Thank you very much.

after replacing 2 pumps and 2 steering racks in the past....... you already know how to take it loose at those locations, and it has a flange that bolts to the oil pan, and you are done...... you should be telling us how you done it.....

good luck, it is a snap.

after replacing 2 pumps and 2 steering racks in the past....... you already know how to take it loose at those locations, and it has a flange that bolts to the oil pan, and you are done...... you should be telling us how you done it.....

good luck, it is a snap.

I replaced the last pump by following the availble tutorial at Lexls.com, a couple of years back. I was glad I made it. (The first pump was replaced at the same time with the alternator, by a repair shop, long time before that).

And, I wish I were capable of replacing the steering rack myself. (I had to go to a repair shop for the rest of those replacements).

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I replaced my leaking hose when I replaced the WP/TB, and it was no problem, just common sense, took it loose from the pump, and the rack, being careful to see how the washers were placed. and removed the bolt where it goes around the oil pan, and it is done. my hose matched the old one perfectly. (this was on a 97 model)

hope this helps..

• 6 months later...

I just replaced the PS pressure tube.

I forgot to take a lot of pictures before removal so I did have a hard time to find the relative position of the tube with other hoses (like the return hose, ...) in the area near the oil filter. Also, I just removed only one LH tire, so I had limited view at the steering rack connection, that made it difficult to find to right angle of the tube for insertion. Next time I'll try to use 2 jack stands.

Thanks.