Navigation Upgrade

Gunner45

On a recent roadtrip, the numero uno Lexus nav system put us on a back road, told us to make a turn, then said "navigation has ended". Wonderful. Got the Nuvi out and made our way to the destination w/o Lexus yaking at us. Called and got a "free" upgrade. I'm wondering if it's hard to install, or just pop in the disk and go. Garmin upgrades are easy, so what's Lexus got in store for me? Thanks.

On a recent roadtrip, the numero uno Lexus nav system put us on a back road, told us to make a turn, then said "navigation has ended". Wonderful. Got the Nuvi out and made our way to the destination w/o Lexus yaking at us. Called and got a "free" upgrade. I'm wondering if it's hard to install, or just pop in the disk and go. Garmin upgrades are easy, so what's Lexus got in store for me? Thanks.

The upgrade may or may not increase the areas where full navigation is available on your Lexus navigation system. Lexus coverage is not as extensive as the Garmin. It depends on where you live. Follow this link to determine if the upgrade expands your coverage area. Good you got a free upgrade though. http://www.lexusnavigation.com/map.php

Thanks for the info. Will accept the dealer's offer to upgrade free and will continue to download lifetime map updates on the Garmin. I always have it on my motorcycle for MP3 playback, so it gets daily use and has lasted for 3 years without a hickup.

Thanks for the info. Will accept the dealer's offer to upgrade free and will continue to download lifetime map updates on the Garmin. I always have it on my motorcycle for MP3 playback, so it gets daily use and has lasted for 3 years without a hickup.

Good Idea. Keep that Nuvi in the glove compartment for those occasions when you hear the words "turn by turn guidance will not be provided." Again, it depends on where you live. I hear it often. Others rarely hear it.