Front Headlight

Billglea

On my 2007 ES350 the left front headlight only works some of the time, other times it's out. If I turn the lights off manually, then turn them back on the light comes back on. Sometimes its off and sometimes it work fine. Anyone else have this issue?

On my 2007 ES350 the left front headlight only works some of the time, other times it's out. If I turn the lights off manually, then turn them back on the light comes back on. Sometimes its off and sometimes it work fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Check the adapter that goes in between the head lamp and the plug to the lamp. They tend to burn out or become corroded.

HID headlamps?

Sounds like a failing HID bulb, thats exactly what happened when one went bad in my old '03 ES. Eventually it will stop working altogether.

I recommend replacing both bulbs instead of just one.

HID headlamps?

Sounds like a failing HID bulb, thats exactly what happened when one went bad in my old '03 ES. Eventually it will stop working altogether.

They are not HID lamps.

HID headlamps?

They are not HID lamps.

Bulbs typically dont fail intermittently. I suspect it's caused by that "adapter" that plugs in behind the bulb.

Yeah if they aren't HID I agree with Lenny...

I had the same problem on my '97 ES300. One headlight would intermittently not come on. It turned out to be the little "adapter" behind the bulb.

Replacing two HID bulbs ? Hope the car is under warranty....I got two replaced few months ago just before my warranty expired. Cost me nothing but the Bill was $ 800 for two bulbs......

Replacing two HID bulbs ? Hope the car is under warranty....I got two replaced few months ago just before my warranty expired. Cost me nothing but the Bill was $ 800 for two bulbs......

Thats just what they billed Lexus. My mechanic sold me two OEM bulbs for $40 each and charged me $25 to put them in. You can find the bulbs online all over the place, look for Philips or Sylvania 4100k, those are the OEM brands and color temp. Installing them yourself is no different than halogen bulbs.