Wind Noise From Front Driver Side

MrRetro

I had some work done due to some damage from mother nature. After the repairs I noticed that I had some wind noise leaking in on the driver side by the front corner of the door window. Upon further inspection, it seems that the triangular shaped trim piece that is at the front of the pillar is not fastened well enough and is allowing the air to leak in.

You might say take it back and let the shop deal with it, and I may, but if anyone can tell me how this piece is supposed to be fastened on and how I could facilitate the repair myself easily I would rather do it that way. It looks like some adhesive in in that area, but I don't want to pull on it if something more secure is holding it on.

Going back to this shop will not be very convenient.

I will refer to a generic picture of the piece I am referring to, it's not my car. The black piece with the 1 rounded corner next to the mirror. My model is a 2009.

Thanks in advance.

7121_st0640_132.jpg

I had some work done due to some damage from mother nature. After the repairs I noticed that I had some wind noise leaking in on the driver side by the front corner of the door window. Upon further inspection, it seems that the triangular shaped trim piece that is at the front of the pillar is not fastened well enough and is allowing the air to leak in.

You might say take it back and let the shop deal with it, and I may, but if anyone can tell me how this piece is supposed to be fastened on and how I could facilitate the repair myself easily I would rather do it that way. It looks like some adhesive in in that area, but I don't want to pull on it if something more secure is holding it on.

Going back to this shop will not be very convenient.

I will refer to a generic picture of the piece I am referring to, it's not my car. The black piece with the 1 rounded corner next to the mirror. My model is a 2009.

Thanks in advance.

7121_st0640_132.jpg

look, you went to the shop to get it fixed, so not sure what the inconvenience is, but I would take it back and have them make it right

you paid for it so let um complete the job properly..that would *BLEEP* me off, and I would be right back there