Change Plugs And Wires, Now Trac Light On!?

david1walker

Guys, I can't seem to find a thread that explains what just happened.

Just did plugs, wires, and valve cover gaskets on my 95 LS. Straight forward job, and the battery was disconnected for probably a week while I got everything buttoned up. Well, I just finished, started it up, and it sounds as whisper quiet as it did when it was new! Drives like a million bucks...HOWEVER, my TRAC light is flashing on the dash now, and it won't stop. I'm not sure what this could be, as it has NEVER flashed in 16 years (except for of course when it's in slippery conditions). It just flashes as it is idling.

Any suggestions as to what this could be, and how in the heck it's related to doing plugs/wires/valve cover gaskets? It was off 1 week ago when the battery was disconnected and the project got started....

Help!

David

Guys, I can't seem to find a thread that explains what just happened.

Just did plugs, wires, and valve cover gaskets on my 95 LS. Straight forward job, and the battery was disconnected for probably a week while I got everything buttoned up. Well, I just finished, started it up, and it sounds as whisper quiet as it did when it was new! Drives like a million bucks...HOWEVER, my TRAC light is flashing on the dash now, and it won't stop. I'm not sure what this could be, as it has NEVER flashed in 16 years (except for of course when it's in slippery conditions). It just flashes as it is idling.

Any suggestions as to what this could be, and how in the heck it's related to doing plugs/wires/valve cover gaskets? It was off 1 week ago when the battery was disconnected and the project got started....

Help!

David

"..It just flashes as it is idling.."

ONLY at idle...?

Then your battery voltage is too low during idle, probably as a result of weak or failing alternator/regulator.

Did you clean/burnish the battery posts/connections before reconnecting..?

nothing......... this thing comes on for several reasons. ..even unequal tire pressure.

I have read several threads about TPS, Crank shaft position sensor, loose gas caps, and several about bad batterys.... do you have a car you can borrow a battery out of and try it?

check this: I replaced the gas cap for $13, and that took care of the TRAC OFF warning light issue

Edited by billydpowell