V Cover Gasket, Distributor O Ring, Oil Level Seal

slstsang

went to the lexus dealership, they said I need to have the Valve cover gasket, distributor O ring and oil level sensor seal done. Have any of you done these before? if so how much and how hard is it? any help is appreciated.

My independent Toyota/ Lexus Mechanic quoted me $180 on 1996 ES300. Did the same job on my "95 camery two door V6 and it lasted another 100k. Only draw back is that they are now 200 miles away from me.

When I bought the car I had it check over in the atlanta be a toyota and independent ant they quoted me about $400 for the valve cover. THey also told me that the distributor O ring and oil level sensor seal were done.

Had the engine cleaned really well and check for oil leaks and the after 3000 miles the only thing still leaking was the Valve cover gasket. SO next time I make it home to Alabama I'll pay the $180 to get it replaced.

One thing to remember, at least here in GA, most shop managers are on commision and they like to get you do as much as possible and spell out the doom and gloom that your car is going to die in a matter of weeks.