Vehicle Heigth Adjustment Thumps When Lowering Help Please

TheCat1

My 2007 LX470 makes a constant Thumping which can be felt throughout the vehicle when lowering the vehicle while parked. My driveway has a slight incline but it seems to thump on both level and inclines. I have had the vehicle into a couple different Lexus dealers a few times complaining about this annoying problem only to have them tell me they couldn't find anything wrong and it would not thump when they lowered the vehicle. This has been going on for a couple years now and I'm fed up taking it into Lexus dealers only to have the vehicle returned without this problem fixed can someone please help with a remedy for this annoying problem.

Thank you

TheCat1

My 2007 LX470 makes a constant Thumping which can be felt throughout the vehicle when lowering the vehicle while parked. My driveway has a slight incline but it seems to thump on both level and inclines. I have had the vehicle into a couple different Lexus dealers a few times complaining about this annoying problem only to have them tell me they couldn't find anything wrong and it would not thump when they lowered the vehicle. This has been going on for a couple years now and I'm fed up taking it into Lexus dealers only to have the vehicle returned without this problem fixed can someone please help with a remedy for this annoying problem.

Thank you

TheCat1

Have you sat in the LX with the service advisor to show them or let them hear the noise. My previous RX330 had a sunroof noise that drove me NUTS...kept saying can not duplicate noise...so I just drove the guy around and he heard it and they fixed it.

Good Luck! :cheers:

By the way did this ever check out?

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=417927

Thanks for the advice I have tried to replicate the problem with a Lexus service adviser and on another occasion with their mechanic but as Murphy's Law would have it my truck lowered smooth as silk making me look like the man who cried wolf. I even let the vehicle with them but it would not replicate the problem. The service advisor at Northtown Lexus in Buffalo did feel the thumping when I took it to them and I was assured that they would solve the problem but his mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle height adjustment system so I'm still living with this intermittent annoyance. I just don't want this problem to develop into something serious and expensive.

Thanks for your input.

TheCat1

• 1 year later...