Lx450 - Location Of Fuel Filter

tem

Well, Just replaced the Fuel Filter. It is attached to the Underside of the Intake Manifold. Two bolts with 12mm Heads hold it secure to the Intake manifols and two Banjo Bolts with 17mm heads attach the fuel lines. I fould that removing the front left tire and lifting the inspection flaps were a Big Help in geting access.

Took about 2 hours and 47 Prohibited words.

Live and learn.

Tom

Always started fine. Ran Fine when warmed up. Had a sporatic miss during mild acceleration when cold, during the first 2-3 miles. Replaced plugs, wires cap & rotor which did improve the warm idle. I am going to pull the EGR valve next for a goood cleaning.

1997 LX450 78,000 miles

Tom,

Good to hear that you got the filter replaced. I looked in my car's engine compartment and I saw the filter that you referred in your post. I looked around but could not find the filter that is referred in the manual. The manual was not clear and could be improved. I could not see on top of the gas tank.

With your car's cold hesitation problem, it sounds like temperature sensors related issue. I would check the EGR as you mentioned, and/or O2 sensor, and coolant temperature sensor. Hope you get it fix.

Thi